#Repost @activeliferx with @repostapp
Don't give me that "but I lift more when they are on" crap, you don't need to be wearing assistance gear if you aren't participating in strength for sport. And I'm not talking about a local throw down here or there, I'm talking about dedicating your life to competition. If you're not doing it, you don't need your gear. In fact your gear is hindering you from reaching your goals because at the end of the day your goals are probably not at all related to competition except in the moment. -----------------------
Know your place, save your money, ditch your gear.
Michelle working through today's 30 squat clean thrusters! #crossfitlewisville | #crossfitflowermound |#crossfit
During Blake this morning!
Grab a bottle of O3 after your next workout!! Unsure? Here are some benefits of O3 from @purepharma...
"– Improves recovery: Omega-3 fatty acids have been shown to augment blood flow to muscles during exercise, decreasing muscle soreness by up to 35% and reduce swelling. (1)
– Inflammation: Omega-3 fatty acids reduce the cellular inflammatory response by reducing inflammatory mediators such as cytokines. (2)
– Improves joint range of motion: Omega-3 fats have been shown to increase joint range of motion. (3)
– Reduces risk of cardiovascular disease: Omega-3 has beneficial effects on cardiovascular disease in patients with pre-existing cardiovascular disease as well as in healthy individuals. (4) In addition, supplementation with EPA and DHA forms of omega-3 reduces total mortality, cardiovascular mortality, and cardiovascular morbidity. (5)
– Maintains brain function: DHA is a major structural component of the human brain. Cognitive decline in the elderly can be reduced with omega-3 supplementation, by inhibiting the reduction in brain glucose uptake that occurs with age. (6)
– Maintains eye function: Low levels of DHA and EPA have been associated with eye diseases such as retinopathies and age-related macular degeneration. (7)
– Reduces incidence of breast and prostate cancer: Omega-3 regulates a vast number of cell pathways and metabolism reactions and high concentrations can inhibit cancer cell proliferation. (8)" #lewisville #highlandvillage #flowermound #crossfitgames #crossfit #fishoil #purepharma #recovery